You have to write an EFB maunal in accordance with AMC 20-25
Main parts of manual are:
- Responsibilities of staff
- Description of hardware and software
- Normal, abnormal procedures
- Description of crew training
- Description of crew checking
- Certificates for Electronics Magnetic Interface-EMI and Rapid decompression 9-RD9
After you get the CAA’s approval for the EFB Manual, you can start with the ‘Trial period’ when you fly with the EFB and still have a ‘paper backup’.
Crew training in the classroom and on the simulator.
After a certain period the paper backup can be removed.
It is necessary evaluate the crew and the EFB administrator. I this phase a certain number of sectors need to be flown before you can move to step 6.
Operational report needs to be written where you summarize the whole procedure and if necessary include changes and improvements that need to be made to the EFB Manual of the procedure.
Changes to existing manuals have to be updated/added for the EFB procedures. After that you need to get a CAA approval for OPS SPEC as an addition to the AOC certificate.